- Keep free from eating high- calorie flesh (Gossip/gheebah)* of others no matter how juicy!
- Switch to Fat Free Truths!
- Avoid artificial Tempers.
- Do voice therapy by reciting the Qura’an.
- Purify your eyes by crying in Dua.
- Do Hand Reflexology on Tasbeehs.
- Brighten your smile by using a Miswaak.
- Take your weight off your shoulders by paying your Zakaat.
- Shrug off those extra Kilos of Sins by Repenting!
May Allah accept all good we do in Ramadan! InshAllah & Ameen! 🙂
*gossip >gheebah : Backbiting; Gheebah or backbiting means speaking about a Muslim in his absence and saying things that he would not like to have spread around or mentioned. Buhtaan or slander means saying things about a Muslim that are not true, or in other words telling lies about him. Nameemah or malicious gossip means telling one person what another said in order to cause trouble between them.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful”
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:
Whoever wrongs a person by slandering him, backbiting about him or insulting him, then repents, Allaah will accept his repentance, but if the one who was wronged finds out about that, he has the right to settle the score. But if he slandered him or backbit about him and the person did not hear of that, then there are two views according to the scholars, both of which were narrated from Ahmad, the more correct of which is that he should not tell him that he spoke against him in his absence. It was said that he should rather speak well of him in his absence just as he spoke badly of him in his absence, as al-Hasan al-Basri said: the expiation for gheebah is to pray for forgiveness for the person about whom you backbit.
Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 3/291
And Allaah knows best.
References taken from: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/23328/backbiting